Senior Quality Engineering Architect
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Seeking a Senior Quality Engineering Architect within Discover Financial Services – Business Technology. As a member of Enterprise Software Quality team, Senior Quality Engineering Architect will be spearheading Quality transformations, for releasing innovative products with quality distinction for Discover customers.
- Be a champion of Quality in SAFe value streams and architectural community of practices. Be an evangelist for engineering quality into software
- Develop overall architectural impact assessment and analysis for quality, on complex large scale pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software. Enable iterative approach to quality during each phase of systems development prior to implementation
- Implement quality engineering activities that generally impact multiple components / processes, work of own and possibly other teams. Typically assigned highly complex, and high-risk undertakings that require expert knowledge of technology solution, coding languages and regularly require the application of independent judgement and creativity
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies for various products and applications certifying customer quality. Design QA infrastructure, establish testing specifications to provide desired functionality to technology solutions
- Collaborate with DevOps, Development and Product owners to verify the testability of the release and define strategies and best practices for all quality streams
- Contribute in Value Stream PI events to measure, manage and progress on quality engineering roadmap and delivery outcomes
- Develop a roadmap and detailed implementation plan for automation, functional, integration/E2E & performance quality engineering services for assigned SAFe value streams
- Ability to evaluate and select automation, functional and performance engineering tools for different products and applications. Provide working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions. Develop best practices, procedures and enable continuous improvement
- Establish a strong partnership with architecture, software engineering/development, quality engineers and DevOps to enabling CI/CD delivery model which is scalable and merit quality
- Provide training to Software Development Engineers, QA and architect resources on testing strategies, standards, tools and processes. Work closely with quality assurance teams and functions to help, grow and improve the test processes and skill sets
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of experience in software development and quality engineering. At least 2 years of experience as a software architect or technical product management
- Experience working on multiple product delivery cycles simultaneously
- Experience working in agile/iterative development methodology. SAFe experience is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with application, technical and value stream architects and software development engineers to ensure design for quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with senior management for managing quality deliverables and outcomes
- Experience with technology eco-system that supports end-to-end micro service architecture, such as, APIs, message queue, container, service registry/discovery etc.
- Strong programming skills, primarily in Java. Experience in multiple programming language is preferred
- Experience in using the automated tools for end-to-end product architecture and technology stack in a CI/CD setting
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
- Experience with browser or client side monitoring/analysis tools ( e.g. Gomez, Firebug, Web page test)
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, PCF or similar platforms
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc. Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Exposure to technologies Micro Services, Cloud Native development, Cloud powered data analytics.
- Working knowledge of REST, RPC service patterns and web sockets and other client/server interaction models is a plus
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!