Senior Software Developer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for developing large scale, customer-facing applications. Designs, develops, and integrates systems for Discover's award-winning digital presence by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
Come join us in a fast-paced and rewarding position as a developer in the Fraud Models domain within Discover which aims to prevent and detect fraudulent activity on customer accounts. Fraud prevention is one of the more critical applications within Discover.
- Works closely with the business, utilizing agile methodology. Breaks down complex requirements into workable technical solutions. Assists in the evaluation of client-area application software/systems requirements and processes (e.g., new features, enhancements or maintenance). Performs application software development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions. Completes technical design(s) as needed. Ensures that design(s) meets architecture standards and that the resulting system will be flexible, easily maintainable, high performing, and integrates well with other related systems/components. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the systems’ design. Collaborates with other developers on code reviews and process enhancements. Completes unit and system testing prior to the start of any testing in PA region. Works with other internal IT teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture, and Database teams. Ensures that code reviews are performed and documented, using the approved template. May provide direction and guidance to other systems analysts/developers. Analyzes and identifies technical areas of improvement within existing web applications.
- Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and that risks are mitigated. Ensures all projects have a detailed implementation and back-out plans, and are reviewed with all impacted parties in advance of scheduled releases. Continually looks for, and implements ways to, stabilize and improve the performance of the production environment.
- Identifies and executes opportunities to leverage Agile/Iterative/Lean processes to deliver projects faster. Proposes ideas to better position our applications to support future business and technology initiatives. Finds ways to incorporate these ideas within planned project/release timelines. Incorporates and supports new technology/frameworks to support our continual integration efforts.
- Adheres to regulatory, PDP, Change Management, and Internet Department processes and standards, ensuring all projects are compliant. Ensures any volume and capacity considerations are communicated during the design phase (or prior to committing to a Sprint). Documents software and performs related duties as assigned or requested. Actively contributes to best practices to support a strong software architecture. Reduces occurrence of vulnerabilities through proper secure coding practices and having a "Security First" mindset. Follows proper handling of sensitive data per security guidelines. Ensures any volume and capacity considerations are communicated during the design phase (or prior to committing to a Sprint). Identifies efficient and viable alternatives to resource-intensive requirements.
- Provide 24*7 support for various Fraud application components on a 2nd Level rotation basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
- Autosys scheduling
- Developing applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Linux/Unix environment background including shell scripting
- Java development experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.