DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1300 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Business Software Services team, you will join a team of experienced technologists and focus on working directly with business customers to provide solutions. You will create, deploy and support your customer driven projects.
- Work on legacy code as well as green field development
- Lead small projects to completion
- Mentor junior developers in best practices
- Hands on with customers
- Production support
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong Java skills while proficient in either Python and/or C#
- Ability to gather business requirements from key stakeholders and translate them into technical solutions
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Web development
- Excel add-in development
- Experience writing distributed systems
- SQL proficiency
- Docker experience
- Experience working in trading industry
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.