Senior Software Engineer, C++
DRW’s technology teams pride themselves on technical excellence, and on building a culture that we are proud to be a part of. We want people who think deeply about how to build software, and who also are open to new ideas and approaches in a finance and technology world that is constantly changing. We believe in agile with a small “a,” and in hiring the best and brightest and then keeping obstacles out of their way so they can do what they do best.
DRW is looking for outstanding Senior Software Engineers with an expertise in C++. You will be joining one of our software development teams to help build low latency trading applications.
To qualify for this role, you:
- Have significant experience developing high-availability systems in C++ and Python with very tight resource/latency constraints
- Have a background in multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Are comfortable working “under the hood” and you are quite skilled in performance tuning (applications, Linux, socket I/O, etc.) and troubleshooting
- Have experience working with C++ libraries like STL and Boost
- Are up to date on the C++0x/11 standards and have opinions about them
- Have worked on challenging projects that involved things like building a custom compiler, writing a matching engine, or working with large amounts of data in real time
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the trading industry or another ultra-low latency sensitive business that involves solving remarkably complex problems
- Experience working with Research teams and Quants
- Full life-cycle software development utilizing exotic hardware/software architectures for ultra-low latency trading systems
DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.