Senior Software Engineer, Cryptoassets at DRW
Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technology. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem grow and evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
The team is looking for several Software Engineers to join our team in Chicago or Austin. This role is responsible for building and supporting a multi-language, functionally diverse technology stack to empower Cumberland to trade across many exchanges and regions using a wide range of strategies.
Candidates should have strong initiative and have proven experience independently driving projects to completion. We work from high-level requirements and programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business and work directly with Traders and Quantitative Researchers on a daily basis.
- Work as part of our cryptoassets team to establish and maintain best-in-class software systems to enable 24-hour, Global trading operations
- Design and develop full-stack software systems including trading systems, exchange connectivity solutions, and monitoring systems
- Working in multiple languages, including Java, C++, and Python
- Testing at the unit, functional, and integration level
- Working on legacy code as well as greenfield development
- Providing on-call support as needed
- Collaborating with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as elsewhere within the organization.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting mission critical, high-performance applications.
- 5+ years of professional Java or C++ experience.
- 3+ years of professional script development experience, preferably Python.
- 3 + years of front-end and back-end development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communication experience, including multicast and websockets
- Experience with inter-process messaging, micro-service architectures, and API design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree