Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and devops development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Works independently or with own team to innovate on and enhance development practices and processes.
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience.
- Develops and maintains back-end systems.
- Works directly with business partners to understand requirements and outline solutions. Works with engineering team to innovate on and enhance their development practices and processes.
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application, infrastructure, and utilizes.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 4+years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant field
- In lieu of Degree, 6 years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant field
- Experience with linux, shell scripting, python or bash scripting
- Java, Spring boot & Groovy
- REST Services
- CI/CD with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- PCF and Openshift
- XP/TDD development experience
- Strong Linux shell/batch scripting knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.