Senior Software Engineer, Integrations
Leaf Trade | CHICAGO
Leaf Trade is the leading B2B marketplace between licensed wholesalers of cannabis products and dispensaries in the highly regulated cannabis markets. Leaf Trade’s suite of software features streamline order management and fulfillment by providing a CRM, essential integrations, and other enterprise tools that save time and help grow cannabis businesses.
Our customers range from single-state businesses that are just getting started, to the majority of the largest, enterprise-level, often publicly traded multi-state operators (MSO) that trust Leaf Trade as the defining standard of cannabis supply chain technology. Check out this feature in Forbes to learn more.
Leaf Trade is seeking a self-motivated, Senior Software Engineer who is responsible for contributing to all technical aspects of the company, particularly, the definition and implementation of all internal and external integrations in collaboration with our existing integrations team.
We are looking for a passionate and talented problem solver who will craft the next generation of our sales, analytics, and industry API integrations that will scale and power our marketplace. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop features that will be used by our many customers and have a direct impact on our business. You enjoy being a generalist, with a willingness to work on both frontend and backend.
- Build end-to-end integrations that users will love and fellow Engineers can easily contribute to and use to build new consumer-facing features.
- Engage directly with business stakeholders to confirm assumptions and clarify end user requirements, and iterate on new features and functionality.
- Develop a deep understanding of Leaf Trade’s technology and other cannabis industry technologies.
- Partner with clients and external vendors integrating with the Leaf Trade API to ensure successful launches and adoption of new integrations.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering team to define requirements, estimate stories, and validate releases.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, backlog estimation, sprint planning, and retros.
- 4+ years of development experience, preferably using Python and Django
- 3+ years of integrating with external systems via REST APIs
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area required.
- Experience working in an Agile, cross functional team environment
- Solid background in utilizing 3rd party integrations and application libraries
- Excellent knowledge of Web Standards and RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of relational databases, as well as familiarity with ORMs
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem, toolsets and deployment architecture
- Experience working in high availability environments.
- Track record of successfully executing concurrent projects on schedule with multiple integration partners
- Experience using Jira for product management
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry is a plus, but not required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective writing and presentation skills
- You are results and deadline focused
- You are a team-player, but you also thrive working autonomously
- Willingness and passion for coding and getting your hands dirty.
- Flexible PTO and sick day policy, holidays
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Meaningful stock option plan
- Vibrant company culture within a casual environment
Leaf Trade is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.