Senior Software Engineer - .NET at PerkSpot
Founded in 2006. Profitable and growing. Our clients are many of America's best employers, and millions of their employees.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re working hard to carry out that mission to this day. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the tech and human resources industry, but we’re committed to doing even more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. We may have started small, but we’ve grown quickly, and proved ourselves and our product while doing so. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology – specifically machine learning and AI – to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
We're looking for candidates that can operate across the entire technical stack of a site, with a focus on strong back-end and data-centric development skills.
- Strong professional background in Microsoft .NET, especially C# and ASP.NET (7+ years).
- Advanced experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Rackspace, Azure, AWS) and working with virtualized systems, including: application servers, databases, and networking infrastructure.
- Proficiency with optimizing high-performance systems and troubleshooting performance issues in virtualized environments, especially related to relational databases.
- Thorough background of relational database design, development, and maintenance.
- Focus on test driven development (TDD) and experience with at least one major testing framework.
- Ability to develop technical requirements and architectural specifications from high-level acceptance criteria.
- Great communication skills with non-technical team members.
- Previous experience designing, building, and testing REST-ful APIs.
- Real-world participation in a DevOps structured environment.
- Understanding of NoSQL data structures (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB).
- Experience and desire to mentor junior developers.
- Experience with cloud platform migrations, particularly migrations to Azure.
- WACG experience in previous or current role
Your First Month
You'll roll up your sleeves and make a tangible contribution the first week. You'll dig into our codebase to acquaint yourself with it all; the glitzy new code as well as the crufty old stuff that we need to get around to replacing. You'll take a look at our business goals and product backlog, and you'll weigh-in on where we should focus next. You're going to get results. You're going to ship code.
You're going to be confronted with something you don't know. You're going to admit it. You're going to rise to the challenge and grow. At some point, you're going to break something. It's bound to happen. You're going to admit it so we can work together to resolve it. Then, you're going to stop and learn from it to keep it from happening again. Then, you're going to suck up your pride and get back to getting things done.
Throughout Your Career Here
You're going to grow, a lot. We're a big platform, but still a small team. That means we're going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, invest in you more and you're going to reap the professional benefits of that.
You're going to play a key role in developing every part of our technology platform. Our site is already stable and scalable, but we have to invest and think bigger to grow our business. You're a key part of that.
You'll stand a little taller every time you walk into a Walgreens, Chipotle, or onto a Southwest Airlines flight, because you'll be playing a role in making those people love their jobs that much more. You'll get in the habit of getting excited to head to work every morning, because you know you'll be working in a place where you can actually get stuff done, surrounded by a group of people you're actually proud to be working with.
Yeah, you're also going to snag a few good deals for yourself, too.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company like us. We offer complete health and dental insurance, commuter benefit, and 401k program. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site. We offer an open time-off policy. The beer is free, and we’re pretty obsessive about our local coffee.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any others you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot.
PerkSpot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.