Senior Software Engineer at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Under direct supervision, assists in the planning, design, enforcement, and audit of security policies and procedures that safeguard the integrity of, and access to, enterprise database elements. Assists with providing management with risk assessments and security briefings to advise them of critical issues that may affect customer, or corporate security objectives. Manages database capacity reporting for common metrics, including CPU, memory and disk usage, and forecasting future database storage needs.
- Implements a database security framework and related processes to reduce risk, meet information security standards, and meet audit requirements, including PCI, SOX, and SSAE18.
- Performs scheduled changes (patching, maintenance, deployment, decommission, configuration, performance tuning) for all hardware and software used to support the database security/logging infrastructure.
- Works with Info Sec teams to identify technical security compliance issues related to database systems and ensure that any non-compliance to security baseline configurations are identified. Assists CyberSecurity teams track and assign the appropriate stakeholders for remediation.
- Participates with infrastructure and application teams regarding database capacity planning, project work, POCs, and/or troubleshooting exercises.
- Participates in pager rotation to provide 24×7 support for all database security/logging environments (Prod, Test, Development) and participates in gathering evidence during InfoSec investigations.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, IT, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Database Administration, Information Security, IT, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Database Administration, Information Security, IT, or related field
- Relevant Technology Certifications
- Knowledge of GitHub, Nexus, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with framework and API design
- Good experience or working knowledge in the following database technologies: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, DB2, Cassandra
- Familiar with programming languages, preferably Python
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
- Self-motivated #LI-BG1
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!