Senior Software Engineer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Designs embedded systems software. Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis.
- Directs software programming and development of documentation.
- Consults with customers or other departments on project status, proposals or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Develops or directs software system testing or validation procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Application Software Development or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Applications Software Development or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience working as a developer with C#, Java or any other object oriented programming language.
- Experience working with python, java script.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or any cloud platform/provider.
- Exposure to developing micoservices & Service Oriented Architecture.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a scrum team with minimal direction/supervision
- Self-starter and ability to learn new technologies and contribute
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.