Senior Software Engineering Manager, Bank Quality at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Seeking a Senior Software Engineering Manager – Quality within Discover Financial Services – Business Technology. As a member of Enterprise Architecture, Software Engineering Manager – Quality will be spearheading Quality transformations, for releasing innovative products with quality distinction for Discover customers.
- Be a champion of Quality in SAFe value streams and architectural guilds. Be an evangelist for engineering quality into software
- Develop overall architectural and engineering impact assessment and analysis for quality, on complex large-scale pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software. Enable iterative approach to quality during each phase of systems development prior to implementation
- Implement quality engineering activities that generally impact multiple components / processes, work of own and possibly other teams. Typically assigned highly complex, and high-risk undertakings that require expert knowledge of technology solution, coding languages and regularly require the application of independent judgement and creativity
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal quality strategies for various products and applications certifying customer quality. Implement QA infrastructure, establish testing specifications to provide desired functionality to technology solutions
- Collaborate with Architecture, DevOps, Development and Product Leaders to cultivate and
- Implement culture of Quality Begins with Design, Shifting Quality Left and Automation into the Software Development Process
- Quality begins with Design. verify the testability of the release and define strategies and best practices for all quality streams
- Contribute in Value Stream PI events to measure, manage and progress on quality engineering roadmap and delivery outcomes
- Develop a roadmap and detailed implementation plan for automation, functional, integration/E2E & performance quality engineering services for assigned SAFe value streams/ARTs
- Ability to evaluate and select automation, functional and performance engineering tools for different products and applications. Provide working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions. Develop best practices, procedures and enable continuous improvement
- Establish a strong partnership with architecture, software engineering/development, quality engineers and DevOps to enabling CI/CD delivery model which is scalable and merit quality
- Establish partnership, trust and collaboration with value stream leadership to transform value stream quality outcomes
- Provide training to Software Development Engineers, QA and architect resources on quality strategies, standards, tools and processes. Work closely with quality assurance teams and functions to help, grow and improve the test processes and skill sets
- Coach team in quality code behaviors and set goals for quality. Support Production readiness and impacting incidents and follow through on resolution to avoid future incidents
- Assist Compliance Managers with the preparation of reports for monitoring and testing results and validation of corrective action plans
- Owns and supports systems within Value Stream (or as assigned). Manage ongoing Release Train Operations and Quality Outcomes
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team, including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work
Our Tech Stack:
·Jenkins Enterprise, GitHub, Nexus, Gradle, Ansible, Chef & Sonar
·Java, J2EE, React JS, React Native
·AWS, Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure
·Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Wire Mock, JMeter
·Finacle(package), Oracle, Mainframe Apps, DB2, Teradata, Abinitio
·AWS – Snowflake, Maria DB, Microservices, SQL Server, .Net.
·Runtime platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, WebSphere, DataPower, OCP, Linux, VMware)
Our Tech Stack:
· Jenkins Enterprise, GitHub, Nexus, Gradle, Ansible, Chef & Sonar
· Java, J2EE, React JS, React Native
· AWS, Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure
· Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Wire Mock, JMeter
· Finacle(package), Oracle, Mainframe Apps, DB2, Teradata, Abinitio
· AWS – Snowflake, Maria DB, Microservices, SQL Server, .Net.
· Runtime platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, WebSphere, DataPower, OCP, Linux, VMware)
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Agile, Scrum Master
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 15 years of experience in software development and quality engineering. At least 5 years of management experience
- 8+ years of experience in Leading enterprise-scale Quality Engineering activities within the Financial Services industry, focused on identifying quality framework and tool sets and adopting it for enterprise usage, or related field
- Exposure to modern software testing practices including but not restricted to Test Automation, Test First, TDD, ATDD and BDD
- Experience working in agile/iterative development methodology. SAFe experience is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with application, technical and value stream architects and software development engineers to ensure design for quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with VP/Director for managing quality deliverables and outcomes
- Experience with technology eco-system that supports end-to-end micro service architecture, such as, APIs, message queue, container, service registry/discovery etc.
- Strong programming skills, primarily in Java. Experience in multiple programming language is preferred
- Experience in using the automated tools for end-to-end product architecture and technology stack in a CI/CD setting
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
- Experience with browser or client side monitoring/analysis tools ( e.g. Gomez, Firebug, Web page test)
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, OCP, Google Cloud, PCF or similar platforms
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc. Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Exposure to technologies Micro Services, Cloud Native development, Cloud powered data analytics
- Working knowledge of REST, RPC service patterns and web sockets and other client/server interaction models is a plus
- Experience working on multiple product delivery cycles simultaneously
- Solid understanding of the Dev Ops landscape and it’s varying implementations through on-premise and cloud
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.