Senior Software Engineer(RPA)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
An exciting opportunity awaits! The Anti-money Laundering Applications team is looking to quickly expand and build on our successful Robotic Process Automation (RPA) pilot and prepare for a larger production roll-out.
As a Lead Software Engineer for the team, this individual will be a critical part of the design and large scale roll-out of a new, enterprise-wide Robotic Process Automation (RPA) service offering. During the roll-out, you will be tasked with ensuring that our systems and supporting processes are designed, enhanced, and implemented to a high level of performance and stability. You will perform system design and analysis, provide consulting services to internal customers, and participate in a wide range of discussions focused on building, enhancing, and supporting our RPA capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work in an innovative and diverse environment, working together with the team and our business partners to rapidly respond to challenges in the automation environment.
The ideal candidate should have strong understanding of how to implement and support vendor applications in a multi-tier environment and will have hands-on experience deploying and supporting off-the shelf application packages. Experience with Windows based application systems is a plus. Each member of the team is expected to be nimble, responding quickly and autonomously to ambiguity or requirements changes. If you’re looking for an opportunity to help deliver strategic technical solutions quickly, then this may be the role for you!
Given the team’s role in interfacing with many areas of the organization, team members must foster good working relationships with business and IT peers to ensure the team meets its objectives. All members of the team should possess good organization skills with the ability to exercise discretion when escalating, and be adept at creatively solving issues independently.
- Directs software programming and development of documentation.
- Consults with customers or other departments on project status, proposals or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Develops or directs software system testing or validation procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, MIS or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Application Software Development or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Applications Software Development or related experience
- Experience working with vendor software in a multi-tier environment and a good understanding of how to design integration for such systems
- Strong analysis, problem solving, networking, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex solutions in pressure situations
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation platforms and concepts
- Experience supporting Windows based application systems
- Process mapping or flow chart creation experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.