DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking a Server Prevention Security Engineer to work with the members of the security team to ensure that our server infrastructure, virtual or physical, is properly protected. You will engineer, maintain and implement security controls, audit configurations in a hybrid compute environment. You will generally ensure we are reducing risk footprint across the infrastructure without impacting its effectiveness. A successful candidate will have an attention to detail, the ability to understand what impact their changes will have on the business teams and the services they use.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain security tools and their associated configurations
- Manage and coordinate updates of tools when new versions are released
- Working with platform teams to deploy tools and changes as necessary after validating necessary performance and functionality requirements
- Identify solutions in the market and test them to see if they prove viable for our environment
- Work with the platform teams to ensure the OS builds are as hardened to the extent they can be
- Identify and document ways to measure effectiveness of the server controls
- Assess risk in our server environment and provide mitigations for those risks
- Identify process improvements for automation of security hardening checks on servers
What we’re looking for:
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required
- Scripting/Development experience in any high level language with the desire to build upon that repertoire
- Experience maintaining servers (Linux and Windows) in a physical and virtual world
- Understanding of network fundamentals
- Deep technical understanding of server OS platforms like Windows Server, Red Hat, Ubuntu Server
- Strong understanding of various platforms like K8, docker, etc
- Strong, demonstrable experience in Cybersecurity engineering, design, implementation and documentation
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.