DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With nearly 1,200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.
The Container Infrastructure team provides scalable on-premises cloud and application orchestration services for DRW’s trading desks, data scientists, and enterprise application teams. Our goal is to enable teams to keep focused on their business goals by providing simple, scalable solutions with off the shelf tools and the right amount of focused engineering. The Container Infrastructure team is looking for a Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) who can work with other teams and trading desks to successfully onboard applications and services to our Kubernetes infrastructure. The SRE will also provide ongoing support of existing toolchains and evaluate new tools and processes to enable our teams to deploy faster, more reliably, and with less human intervention.
- We believe in relentless automation of repetitive tasks.
- We have the curiosity and drive to dig deep and find creative solutions.
- We believe our goal is to find the right solution rather than always being right.
- We give developers the tools and guidance to positively impact the business.
- We care more that the right thing is done than about rigid job descriptions or boundaries.
What you’ll do:
- Own and improve patterns, processes, and standards for migrating applications to DRW’s Kubernetes platform.
- Work with different business units to ensure a successful onboarding of applications into DRW’s Kubernetes platform.
- Promote DRW’s Kubernetes platform with demos, lightning talks, and presentations.
- Relentlessly automate repetitive manual tasks.
- Multiple years of Kubernetes and Linux operations experience.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Experience with git, ansible, docker.
- Experience automating deployments using CI/CD pipelines and a variety of languages.
- Familiarity with AWS S3 and EC2.
- A service focused attitude: you ask questions and focus on getting the right resources and solutions to people instead of rigid boundaries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You can work independently but prefer working as a team.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Argo Workflows.
- Experience with Rancher, Harbor, Concourse, Flux, Ceph, NetApp Trident.
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting full stack web applications.
- Experience with multiple programming languages in both greenfield development and legacy maintenance.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.