Software Developer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Software Developer is responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Produces quality code through continuous integration, development, and testing, utilizing approved technology solutions. Conducts development tasks including technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Digital Payments technology domain, you’ll:
- Leverage your development skills to the highest capacity to help drive key initiatives and projects and shape our Business and Technology outcomes to meet Customer and Partner needs.
- Create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans.
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest industry technologies to enhance current solution patterns and define new ones.
How You’ll Do It
- Deliver technical solutions based on approved designs.
- Maintain highly available systems.
- Test and mitigate risks for all projects and releases.
- Work in tandem with others in both the technology organization and the business to accomplish initiatives.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in software development or related field
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience in software development or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience coding with Java script, python or bash scripting
- Experience working with Linux operating system
- Experience troubleshooting/debugging issues.
- Experience working in the financial services or technology industries
- Hands-on development in a fairly large scaled environment
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.