We are seeking motivated, self-directed, and technically outstanding developers to join our team of Software Engineers responsible for building back office systems that support our order routing, execution, and management system. With our constantly growing client base and the ever-changing demands of markets and financial technology worldwide, these systems are in a constant state of improvement and expansion. In this role you will:
· Engage in full cycle development of custom-built back office systems (billing, real-time monitoring systems, and varying APIs to name a few)
· Communicate with stakeholders to identify issues and develop improvements to these systems
· Gather requirements, design solutions, iterate on implementations with peers and business advisors, participate in code reviews, and deliver products in a timely manner
· Troubleshoot and solve the most complex problems escalated by support staff
· Provide insights on and help prioritize tasks to optimize, modernize, and simplify our system on your own initiative, as well as ways to improve usability and scalability
· Document the requirements and usage of the software, along with technical specifications and test cases
· Keep abreast of emerging technologies, new language features, and new APIs or tools
- Have 1+ years of software engineering experience in an OOP language such as C# (preferred), C++, or Java
- Be organized, self-directed, and dependable. Be able to manage your own workload and provide reasonable estimates for completion
- Have superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey design decisions in both technical and layman’s terms
- Experience with Windows, WPF, .NET frameworks, SQL, and/or Python
Residents from New York, Colorado and California are not eligible to apply.
Headquartered in Chicago, Wolverine Execution Services (WEX) is an independent broker-dealer specializing in the execution of equities, options and futures for institutional investors. WEX offers clients multiple venues for execution including a proprietary electronic trading platform, algorithms, direct floor access, and an agency brokerage desk. Leveraging expertise in trading technology and risk management, WEX provides clients with anonymity, superior execution and order management in all asset classes, delivering exceptional solutions for both technical and institutional trading styles. For more information visit www.tradewex.com.
It's not about the clothes... it's about the person in them. At Wolverine, we've created a strong, collaborative environment with exceptional growth opportunities. Whether your interest is trading, technology, or operations, motivated and innovative individuals can find many pathways to success.
Our flat organizational structure promotes teamwork across the Firm and offers easy access to senior staff (don't worry, they won't be wearing a suit either). While we work exceptionally well as a team in the office, our bonds are further strengthened through company events, activities and giving back. Volleyball, soccer, hockey, 5K runs, picnic, parties, and trivia nights provide friendly competition and build better relationships. By getting out of our usual environment and doing out-of-the-ordinary things together, we foster creativity and broaden our imaginations to accomplish new challenges.
· Highly competitive salary bonus
· Generous paid time off and flexible scheduling
· 100% coverage of medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits for single coverage
· Generous Paid Parental Leave
· Retirement Plans: 401K and Roth 401K
· Profit sharing plan
· Long- and short-term disability
Perks of being at Wolverine:
· Casual dress
· Free breakfast and lunch from our in-house kitchen with rotating menus (including snacks!)
· On-site gym with a subsidized membership
· Frequent company outings
· Opportunity to give back to organizations that help individuals in need, improve public health and provide others with educational opportunities and resources.
· In-house education team – educational classes and resources are offered by our education team for continuous learning opportunities
· Mentorship Program
What to expect for our interview process:
· Resume Review
· Phone Screen
· Team Interview Series
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.