Software Engineer, C++
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for an outstanding Software Engineer with an expertise in C++. You will be joining a team of highly talented Engineers who are tasked with building a cutting edge, low latency trading application that's being used on a global scale. You will have the opportunity to rotate through various areas of the stack, including order routing, market data, strategy, and risk.
What you bring to this role:
- you're up to date on modern C++ standards and have been using C++11/14 professionally or in your side projects
- have 2+ years’ experience in the trading industry or a similarly demanding field
- can demonstrate expertise in network and concurrent programming
- know how and where to leverage the latest C++ standards and STL
- solid understanding of hardware/software interaction
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- experience with complex systems or distributed programming
- contributed to open source projects in a challenging field
- experience optimizing low latency code and finding ways to squeeze out latency
DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.