Software Engineer II, Front End, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 4 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
We now want to scale our secret recipe which is why we need talented folks like you to help us provide a world-class customer experience by developing and delivering game-changing digital solutions.
Constant improvements to zoro.com are delivered by our product teams. You will be on a high performing scrum team with approximately 4-6 software engineers as well as a dedicated tech lead, product owner, and architect. Ideally we are looking for engineers who are well rounded in building scalable applications but that doesn’t mean we won’t provide an environment that’ll help you grow.
Technologies We Use:
- HTML & CSS are the core building blocks for any front-end developer and it’s no different here. We use templating engines such as Dust.
- For our databases, we heavily rely on Elasticsearch, MySQL, and Redis. We have a couple other platforms in use throughout our applications.
- Our cloud platform is currently AWS but are transitioning to GCP. It’s important to understand the tools and services offered by a cloud service provider in order to choose the best option for your application.
- Git push origin source-control
- Are there others? Yes. Is our stack fun? Yes. Will you get to work on what interests you? Yes. Should you apply? Yes.
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years experience as a software engineer
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools
- Mastery of one programming language and working knowledge of at least one other
- Familiarity with multiple frameworks from languages and domains
- Understanding of multiple programming paradigms
- Good grasp of design patterns and anti-patterns
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge the lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.