Software Engineer Lead
Renewal software engineers are developing the next-generation technologies that change how pharmacists connect and interact with Walgreens customers. Our pharmacy system product needs to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond our current capabilities. We’re looking for technical leaders who bring fresh ideas to large-scale system design. As a software engineer lead, you will be responsible for setting technical direction and all aspects of Agile development for a scrum team, partnering with the Product Owner and Product Management team to deliver on the Product backlog. We need our engineer leads to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- This position works on complex projects and leverages its knowledge of applications development methodologies, hardware characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets. This position may provide coaching to less experienced developer or review some aspects of their technical output
- Leads the daily work of the project team responsible for writing code and scripts for desired functionality of web-based software, products and programs
- Materially updates and develops new front-end applications and tools.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for sites, products and programs that have little or no precedent.
- Ensures that software and program defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May allocate and tracks the work of individual contributors. Participates in teaching and training members of work team.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of Application Development experience working on complex projects OR High school / GED and at least 8 years of application development experience
- At least 3 years of experience developing and writing requirement specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience with software programming languages, coding standards.
- Experience working with standard test tools and the testing processes.
- Knowledge of technical design process and models.
- Experience with SDLC / SW development processed, such as RUP, Agile, and/or Waterfall
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in CS, IS, Mathematics or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Experience building a team and cultivating innovation.
- Experience mentoring and training other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Systems and Pharmacy Business Process.