Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for multiple strategic and analytical Software Engineers to join our growing tech team and impact some of the largest employers and companies in America.
Our tech is at the forefront of what we do here at PerkSpot. As a Software Engineer, you will work with the engineering team to improve the technical functions of our application through complex data-centric back-end development. You’ll work along-side others in developing design solutions for individual business needs and requirements, while identifying and resolving bugs and code defects. Your work will serve to improve the usability and effectiveness of the tool for all users.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Technology Team
PerkSpot’s Technology team is made up of Software Engineers, QA Analysts, and DevOps Engineers with one goal in mind - to keep PerkSpot moving and improving. We work collaboratively to optimize our application, making it work as efficiently and user-friendly as possible. Because of our fast-moving, project-based structure, the team allows for significant opportunities for learning, growth, and diversity of work - you’ll certainly never get bored here. Our work directly impacts the PerkSpot platform, and therefore our partners and their hardworking employees as well.
Life as a Software Engineer:
- Taking on the complex design and development of software solutions within all aspects of the PerkSpot tool
- Coding software integrations in partnership with third parties
- Creating new feature sets that adhere to the established SDLC, emphasizing Unit Testing and Release Procedures
- Identifying potential code defects and collaboratively strategizing corrections
- Continuously working with QA team members to test and meet requirements of the application, both functional and non-functional
- Predicting user needs and designing application features to meet them
- Regularly attending team meetings and brainstorming new features, solutions, and programming ideas
- Adhering to deadlines and requirements of assigned projects; working with additional departments as needed to meet the overall needs of PerkSpot
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in .NET software development, specifically c# and ASP.NET
- Familiarity with cloud-based PaaS and IaaS providers such as Rackspace, Azure, and AWS; experience working within virtualized systems including application servers, databases, and networking infrastructure
- Past examples of relational database design, development, and maintenance, as well as experience with SQL server and entity framework
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a desire to learn and grow
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines and understand project limitations
- Understanding of user experience as it relates to the application design and development
- Positive attitude and a thoughtful approach to all work
What will REALLY help you stick out:
- Past focus on a test-driven development and experience with one (or more) major testing framework
- Experience designing, building, and testing REST-ful APIs
- Knowledge of NoSQL data structures like ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of SOLID and object-oriented design
- Understanding of the Agile process, specifically LEAN, emphasizing Stories and Points
Your First Few Months:
As a member of the Tech team, you will undergo training to familiarize yourself with the entire software engineering process, including QA and DevOps. Under the direction of a Senior Engineer and other team members, you will learn the basics of the PerkSpot platform, Git repositories, Azure environments, etc. You will then be expected to assist with various high-priority projects, eventually establishing a minimum of ten story points per week of code-complete tasks. You will also help incorporate advanced technology into the PerkSpot platform for the betterment of its users while becoming a collaborative contributing member of our robust team.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot. We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner, by putting in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.