Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
We’re looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our growing technology team.
You will operate across the entire technical stack of our application, with a focus on strong back-end and data-centric development.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that offers exclusive discounts, as well as rewards and recognition, to millions of employees. We work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere and invest in you more.
Life As A Software Engineer
- Participate on design solutions for complex business and application requirements
- Create new feature sets adhering to the established SDLC, with strong emphasis on Unit Testing and Release Procedures
- Work on troubleshooting and correcting code defects
- Code integrations to 3rd party tools and applications
- Participate in team meetings and collaborate in programming tasks with all engineers
How To Catch Our Eye
- 2-5 years of .Net development experience, and a strong professional background in Microsoft .NET, especially c# and ASP.NET
- Basic experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Rackspace, Azure, AWS) and previous experience working with virtualized systems, including: application servers, databases, and networking infrastructure
- A thorough background of relational database design, development, and maintenance
- Experience with SQL Server and Entity Framework
- Experience focusing on test driven development (TDD) and experience with at least one major testing framework
- Previous experience designing, building, and testing REST-ful APIs.
- An understanding of NoSQL data structures (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- An understanding of the principles of S.O.L.I.D. and object-oriented design
- An understanding of Agile process with emphasis on Stories and Points
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other advanced technical or science degree, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Azure, Rackspace, AWS) and working with virtualized systems
- Competency with T-SQL.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a small team of people with an office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.