Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
We are looking for a Software Engineer - Test to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Software Engineer - Test responsibilities include designing and implementing manual and automated tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. He/She will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The Software Engineer - Test role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. If you have an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will monitor and test all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using various tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Perform thorough functional, regression, cross-browser, and performance testing
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., designer, developers, and product managers) to identify system requirements and design tests to ensure the final product meets those requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software
- Track quality assurance metrics
- Participate in the software release process
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Proven work experience in system testing automation
- Strong knowledge of the software development and testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- eCommerce experience is a must
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Jira Confluence
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.