Software Engineer In Test
Help us work directly with America’s best employers to bring joy and gratitude to millions of employees.
We’re looking for a full-time Software Engineer in Test to develop and implement testing automation strategy, and champion the quality of our products.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About this Role
The Engineer in Test is a full-time position within PerkSpot Technology responsible for developing and implementing a testing automation strategy for PerkSpot's portfolio of client- and internal-facing applications and services.
Typically, in this role you will:
- Participation in maintaining and running UI tests
- Help with the planning, use cases, test cases and documentation
- Spend a good chunk of time with manual testing.
- Spend a good amount of time working within our database (SQL).
- Work with the customer service team to triage and research incoming defects.
- Analyze, document, and track defects in our defect tracking system.
- Provide assistance to the engineering team related to manually testing components and features that are either not automated or require additional human review.
A successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of manual test experience.
- 1+ years of test automation experience.
- A strong understanding of the Microsoft .NET platform, (C# and ASP.NET.)
- Responsible for creating/maintaining test plans, and executing test cases to support client- and internal-facing web applications.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of testing and quality methodologies and tools.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills to enable communication between customer service and engineering resources when identifying possible defects.
- Participation in the agile/scrum process as part of a cross-functional engineering team.
- Willingness to step-in and perform UI testing as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other advanced technical or science degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Azure, Rackspace, AWS) and working with virtualized systems.
- Competency with T-SQL.
- Experience using SpecFlow
- Experience with mobile testing.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, our own private gym and showers on-site.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.