DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW’s energy desk, which trades all aspects of energy futures, is looking for a Software Engineer to build the UIs that our traders and analysts use every day to make critical trading decisions. The team is seeking a self-starter who prefers to work on a variety of tasks with fast feedback / iteration cycles.
This position, while initially will be focused on getting tools and data to our analysts, will, over time, have a variety of opportunities for growth and learning, including more exposure to full stack and/or back-end engineering.
- Development of frontend and backend for analytics and research tools.
- Work on a small team as a self-starter
- Work with other developers and end-users to consolidate data and present it in an attractive, intuitive interface.
- Work on legacy code as well as green field development.
- Writing extensible, scalable code.
- Test at the unit, functional, and integration level
- Professional experience developing front-end frameworks using Vue, Lit-Element/Polymer (or other web component frameworks) and CSS.
- Practiced in functional programming and building asynchronous and event-based applications.
- Proficient in distributed version control systems
- Experience writing backend code in Java, querying with PostgreSQL
- Strong initiative and a proven track record of independently driving projects to completion
- Interested in software craftsmanship with a desire to learn new programming languages
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong attention to detail
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.