Software Engineering Manager at Braviant Holdings
What you'll be doing:
- Expand upon our AWS / Java / Spring based lending platform to grow the business.
- Develop and write code while leading a squad of engineers through Braviant’s Agile SDLC including estimation sessions, sprint planning, daily standups all the way through production deployment, production support, and retrospectives.
- Work directly with Product Management to analyze requirements, understand business cases, and design out implementable solutions for the engineering squad.
- Assure code adheres to the designs through design and code reviews all while keeping your coding skills up to date while writing code yourself.
- Responsible for the overall performance and improvement of the squad by analyzing squad performance through retrospectives and following up on actionable areas of improvement.
What you'll bring:
- 5-10 years of hands on programming experience using Java.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams of engineers in an Agile software environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Postgres.
- Solid understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, MVC, Architectural Layers, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Programming, or a related field.
What makes you stand out:
- Strong experience with cloud hosted applications on Amazon AWS including AWS EC2 instances, S3 storage management, Elastic Beanstalk, Simple Queue Service.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks and experience working with QA automation engineers to help them implement testing strategies.
- Experience with Git (Github / BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Full stack development experience.
- An internal drive to consistently stay up to date on current and next versions of technologies, thinking about how next versions can enhance the functionality of products.