Solutions Architect (Vendor Software Solutions) at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Do you have a curiosity and excitement for new technologies and techniques? Do you thrive in a fast-pace, constantly evolving web and mobile development environment? Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
The Digital Development area is hiring a Technical Architect to be a key contributor on the 3rd Party Products Team. This group is responsible for business analysis, delivery and management of the underlying technologies when great vendor software solutions are procured for the organizations purpose.
The successful candidate will be a digital hybrid: part analyst, part technologist and part operator. You must be capable of demonstrating thought and results leadership with a view supporting the vision and mission of our Department/Company. This position requires a highly accountable team player with solid technical skills that is ready to deliver the best web/mobile customer experience possible by offering 1st class solutions for Web Analytics, Content Management, Delivery & Personalization, Web Security & Fraud Detection, among others.
Accountable for proactively and holistically leading activities, consultation, and documentation that guide the application development community through a portfolio of technology components and varying deployment patterns. Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of multiple concurrent, highly technical, and financially visible complex projects. These projects will leverage multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
- Derives, challenges, and is able to comprehend and speak to detailed IT customer/application requirements.
- Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multi-site/zone vendor software solution environments.
- Manages multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel.
- Proactively seeks out and works to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted.
- Understands, communicates, and challenges standards and processes where appropriate.
- Maintains working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, multiple technology areas
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, multiple technology areas
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- A passion for automation.
- Experience architecting solutions using integration technology and approaches such as API/REST Services.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies.
- Understanding of custom software development processes and engagement methodologies including Agile, Scrum and waterfall.
- Technology Platforms: Adobe Experience Cloud (Analytics, Experience Manager, Target), Akamai Content Delivery Networks, RSA Adaptive Authentication
- Modern web-development frameworks (Angular, React, Foundation, Bootstrap, jQuery)
- Core Java, J2EE, APIs, Microservices
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends and best practices on topics such as personalization, cross channel marketing, mobile, data driven optimization of experiences.
- Evaluation of new vendor software offerings; vendor management
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well.
- Exceptional team building and leadership skills; the ability to provide technical mentorship to others
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse stakeholders.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!