Sr Assoc, Voice Engineering
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Senior Associate/Voice Engineer is expected to have a vast level of knowledge for Enterprise voice service technologies, platforms and principles, to include: ACD Voice Switching, Outbound Dialing platform, Call Recording platforms, Real Time Speech Analytics, and Voice Network Protocols including SIP. The individual should have experience or working knowledge of multiple scripting languages. This particular position will be viewed as an expert in voice engineering disciplines.
- He/she undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Makes well thought out decisions on complex or ambiguous voice engineering issues.
- Engineers, develops and tests complex infrastructure.
- The individual will also be responsible for defining monitoring and trending scenarios for the operational teams to increase efficiencies.
- Drive complex modifications and/or upgrades to existing network infrastructure in support of evolving enterprise requirements.
- Is vigilant on unit cost reduction and cost containment.
- Establishes and communicates common goals and direction for team.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced team members.
- Monitors project schedules and unit/total costs.
- Provides escalation support as required.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Voice Design, Engineering
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both management and technical staff.
- Must have strong problem solving skills under minimal direction.