Sr. Associate – Enterprise/Software Governance
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Business Technology: Enterprise Architecture/Governance ProfessionalBT EA Governance Professional works independently with guidance from Sr. Manager. Manages, coordinates and facilitates the company’s Java, Open Source and Free Open Source (FOSS) strategy and roadmap. Work with the BT Domain Architects to understand business and technology requirements relevant to the Enterprise Reuse Competency Center (RCC) Architecture including messaging middleware and web services. Key team member who actively participates with automating the Events governance process.Additional responsibilities include the preparation of weekly BT/EA Governance RCC board meetings for the Enterprise. Works with the various Domain Architects and BT support areas to ensure that the weekly RCC topics of discussion, meeting agendas, meeting attendees are prepared with the required documentation. Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards, policies and procedures.Principle Accountabilities:
- Work with the BT Domain Architects to understand business and technology requirements relevant to the Enterprise RCC architecture, i.e., integration technologies including but not limited to API based web services, Event driven architecture, messaging middleware.
- Monitor IT industry advances in all aspects of technical and application architectures related to Discover Technologies. Use this knowledge to assess likely impact on BT Governance RCC architecture
- Manage, maintain and support the RCC governance platform.
- Participation and leadership in Enterprise IT Governance RCC Review Board
- Manages the Java strategy and automated governance systems development.
- Partner with BT Domain Architects and Application Developers to successfully manage and maintain the Free Open Source (FOSS) Governance Platform.
- Manage the EA/IT Governance Reference Architecture repository.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or MIS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years hands-on experience in software architecture, design, development experience building scalable, high-performance systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Application Development and integration background including: Java(JEE), REST APIs, WebSphere, Spring MVC, Spring boot, MQ
- GitHub, Jenkins, Cloud, CI/CD
- Application security techniques ( JWT, OAUTH, Encryption, Signing)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.