Sr. Associate Programming
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Action application team is currently seeking an experienced technical software developer. We are currently in the process of redesigning our existing application to BT2020 technology stack.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business requests and providing technical leadership within the team. The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process.
- The position requires design, develop and execute software solutions to address business needs.
- Provide technical leadership to Action agile teams.
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- Provide alternative solutions when requirements cannot be met.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Java, WebSphere application server, IDEs, XML, Oracle, React, Githhub, Jenkins, Rally, PCF, Spring Java Framework, HTML,CSS
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate team and be a team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; display high level of initiative
- Ability to multi-task
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred