Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer
Discover Financial Services is looking for a senior cybersecurity engineer to join our growing Cybersecurity Engineering team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting planning and executing Cybersecurity Technology Services projects. This position will perform work, while delivering high-quality services to our internal business and technology teams. The engineer will work with other project leads, project managers, and executives to communicate business and technical aspects of the projects, conduct proof of concepts, build technical designs and help with rollouts.
- Subject Matter Expert for endpoint centric security solutions e.g. EDR, DLP, HIPS/HIDS, Sandboxing, etc.
- Subject Matter Expert for Email security technologies.
- Subject Matter Expert for mobile security solutions.
- Responsible for ongoing tuning, optimization, hardening, and level 3 support for assigned technologies.
- Technical Consultation services to internal business and technology teams as cybersecurity services consultant.
- 4 year degree in Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of course work and job experience
- 7 plus years of overall IT experience.
- Minimum of four years of experience in information security centric roles and/or technologies.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated and flexible, ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple highly visible and complex projects.
- Knowledge of common networking concepts with a thorough understanding of Ethernet, IP (IPv4 and IPv6), TCP, and UDP.
- knowledge of the web protocols and related technologies
- Working knowledge of Linux, Unix, and Windows variants.
- Familiarity with agile concepts and tooling.
- Familiarity with chef, puppet, Jenkins or other infrastructure-as-code enablement technologies.
- Security certifications (GIAC, CISSP, CSSLP, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, etc).
- VPN and tunneling technologies: IPSec, SSL, PPTP, GRE, MPLS.
- Familiarity with NameD, BIND, SSH daemons and clients, tcpdump, ethereal/wireshark and other packet sniffing software or products.
- Software development experience.
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.