Sr. Director, Software Engineering (Remote Eligible) at Capital One
Sr. Director, Software Engineering (Remote Eligible)
PowerUp Associate Productivity at Capital One is seeking a strong, experienced Senior Director with a strong software engineering background to lead the Product Engineering team. This candidate will lead teams that design and deliver software solutions for the Associate Experience and will research the needs of the Associate base. This person will be a critical thinker and partner across teams to define scope, strategy and roadmaps removing ambiguity. They will also manage, mentor, and build a horizontal team that works alongside our engineering teams to deliver product transformation across our organization, enabling productivity and efficiency while focusing on excellence and effectiveness. The team is a fast-paced and passionate team that is looking to improve the Associate experience by creating solutions that are simple, secure and seamless. Capital One is a diverse group working on multiple areas including Platform Engineering, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, and multiple lines of business in the enterprise.
What you will need to bring for this position:
- Experience leading a team in the product development, software development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products
- Exceptional management skills in leading software engineering teams to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessments
- Strong technical leadership ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality customer-centric solutions
- Intellectual curiosity, insatiable hunger to learn and code on new technologies
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to collaborate with various partners in the tech and startup ecosystems
- Ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas
- Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and software engineers to drive implementation of new applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate the level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- A robust portfolio of shipped code on GitHub or other open source contributions and experience with distributed/scalable systems a plus
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 9 years of experience in software development
- At least 7 years of experience in people management
- At least 6 years of experience with object-oriented programming and design
- At least 6 years of experience in developing web applications and architectural standards
- At least 3 years of experience with Cloud Technologies
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or a Master's Degree in Software Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in agile development and methodologies
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise software solutions
- 5+ years of experience with rapid-prototyping and interface design testing
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $315,100 - $359,700 for Sr. Dir, Software Engineering
Location is San Francisco, California: $333,900 - $381,000 for Sr. Dir, Software Engineering
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $267,100 - $304,800 for Sr. Dir, Software Engineering
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).