Sr Java Developer – Security and Fraud
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
As a software developer with Discovers technology development team, you will be responsible for developing large scale customer facing web applications, as well as internal applications. You will work in agile teams to design, develop and integrate systems for Discovers award-winning digital products.
Why work at Discover? Because Discover is a recognized leader as a direct bank and payments partner that fosters a challenging and rewarding work environment.
You will be successful at Discover if you can:
- Break down complex requirements into workable technical solutions to solve business problems
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Evaluate complex features and prepare application specifications
- Actively contribute to the departments developer community to support technical initiatives and provide input into best practices
- Demonstrate a high-level of initiative, ability to work within a scrum team as a technical leader and developer, and a willingness to grow in a challenging environment
- Provide strong technical and team leadership
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Hands-on experience with highly scalable and reliable web applications using Java
- Extensive development experience and proficiency with Java, J2EE (Servlets, JSP, EJB, Spring, Struts, JSTL, HTML)
- JQuery, responsive development and secure coding standards.
- Strong understanding of web services (SOAP / REST), relational databases and object-oriented design principles
- IDEs: Eclipse, STS
- Major in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry a plus
- Unix/Linux and Oracle (data access)
- DOJO/Angular JS
- Spark UI Design and Development
- Knowledge of BPM a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.