Summer 2020- Junior Software Developer at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
Our Kin is seeking a Junior Software Developer to join our Cloud Practice. We have multiple openings for entry level full time roles starting Summer 2020.
Your Profile Includes:
- Recent graduate in Computer Science or a related field
- Analytical mind with a strong background and familiarity with object-oriented or functional programming languages like Java or Python
- Demonstrable experience programming, from classwork, personal study and projects, or past internship(s)
- Great communication skills and enjoys working on a team
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask in dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you are constantly looking to improve and push your boundaries
- Curious quick learner – you enjoy working with emerging technology and are always on the lookout for what’s next
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic – you are a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a high-energy, rapidly growing environment
- You have an interest in consulting
What You Will Be Doing:
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise grade cloud native applications
- Intensive workshops and trainings on technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and other cloud native development skills
- Building enterprise Java, Data, and AI applications
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware and open source technologies
- Learning about and working within Agile processes like Scrum and XP
- Learning about enterprise-grade development practices like TDD, pair programming, Swagger, and CI/CD
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.