Systems Architect- Payments (ApplePay,Visa/MasterCard Token)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
WHO WE ARE
Discover is more than a credit card. At its core, Discover is a software company. Our customers demand products that help them spend smarter and achieve a brighter financial future. These products are built and supported by our software teams. We have fun at work and live these values:
- One customer. The person using the product is who matters.
- Teams get it done. You wont be sitting in a corner on your own – its a collective effort.
- Seek to understand. Listen first, ask why, and then reach a conclusion.
- Progress over perfection. Try new ideas and be comfortable with failing fast.
- No spectators. Expect to tackle tough problems and to challenge the status quo.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
People don’t keep their money under mattresses anymore. Why not join a team that continues to shape the future of Payments? In this position, you will build software that reaches Discovers customers and partners. You will break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve problems. You will partner with others to advance Discovers CI/CD maturity as more and more apps move to the cloud. You will actively contribute to the developer community by enhancing current solution patterns and defining new ones. All cutting edge work leveraging the latest technologies in the industry.
We have opportunities within our Payment Services technology team. Working with us means you will be exposed to new ways to enhance your skills. The list below outlines recent accomplishments made possible by our talented staff:
- Mobile Payments: ApplePay Classic/Cash, GooglePay, SamsungPay
- Wearable/Token-based Payments – FitPay, Card on File, Secure Remote Commerce
- Brand new global payments platform capabilities for future partnerships
- Provide specialized expertise and applied knowledge on technical aspects of Payment Services solutions
- Ensure solutions address scalability, security, availability, and maintainability needs
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of frameworks that deliver customer value
- Develop software deployment architectures and corresponding estimates
- Develop proof of concepts & critical software application components
- Software quality governance and team mentoring for multiple teams
- Create and review technical requirements and translate into platform enablers
- Review business requirements and assist in translating into features/user stories
- Enable the team to be cross-functional and autonomous
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk/compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related filed) or the equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience
SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on solution architecture experience in our Tech Stack
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
- Servant leader
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with framework and API design
- Studied architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient computer engineering principles
- Utilize and/or contribute to open source projects
- Proficient across the technical stack
- Deep knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
- Core Java or Object Orientated Programming
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot)
- JSON processing and validation
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus, Chef, Ansible
- Data/Cache Technologies: Oracle, Maria, Gemfire
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (AWS/Cloud Foundry/VM)
- Variety of scripting language
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.