Technical Architect, IT Operations - Azure at Walgreens
Able to provide technical direction and lead a group of one or more architects to address a goal. Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements. Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts. Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices. Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle. Manages Azure resources, configure and deploy virtual machines. To succeed in this role, he/she need to understand how to plan solutions to meet your business needs. Use real-world experience in designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies.
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High school / GED and at least 7 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
- 6+ years of IT Architect experience and/or site reliability engineering in one of the following languages: Java J2EE technology stack and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Knowledge of Azure Services and configuring Azure services
- 3+ years hands-on experience in IT operations world - Managing and/or influencing infrastructure services to ensure application service uptime and user experience
- Knowledge of cloud security controls such as encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, firewalls, DNS, APIs, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile Development and experience with building applications using Atlassian tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence), JFrog Artifactory, Chef and Jenkins.
- Microsoft Azure Architect certifications.