Technical Architect/Solutions Architect/Marketing Technology Architect at Walgreens
Walgreens is looking for a Technical Architect (Marketing Technology Architect) to join the WBA Digital Team. This role supports both the local Walgreens business as well as the global Walgreens Boots Alliance organization. This team is leveraging the most advanced and exciting technologies to service the 13,100 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores Worldwide.
This role is a hands-on role that encourages an innovative and a generalist mindset. As an Architect you will be expected to facilitate the design, development, integration and deployment of various technologies in support of WBA’s Digital efforts. The Key activities will consist of understanding, creating an integrated end-to-end solution utilizing IaaS or PaaS capabilities of Azure Cloud such as Functions, NoSQL databases, Containers and others.
This position requires the person to join an agile team setting working on Customer facing solutions for a fortune 50 organization. As such, you must be a self-starter, a quick learner, and have the ability to innovate and communicate proactively. You must have an interest in anticipating challenges and creating alternative courses of action. The role promotes working with a team and others around the enterprise on a mutually beneficial solutions while challenging any complacency or lack of ownership. Encouraging others to continuously learn and apply modern technical or process approaches and sets a high standard for delivery of solutions.
- Partners with the team to develop, document, pilot new products/features and support existing ones.
- Encourages new transformative thinking across the organization.
- Designs an architecture using modern and traditional approaches then implements.
- Remains aware of new and emerging technologies, while continuously in search of new technical skills and knowledge.
- Maintains a breadth of end-to-end knowledge of the technology, systems, languages, and hardware relevant to the work of the Solutions Development group.
- Guides and orchestrates external partner or vendor collaboration.
- Translates the intention of the business or product team to engineers and developers; conveys technical credibility by engaging in at least some hands-on technical work.
- Works with others to facilitate imagination.
- Transfer knowledge and proven concepts and incubated capabilities.
- Participates in the decision-making process to compare various software solutions.
- Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Consistently produces plans with multiple contingencies to avoid stalling progress.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in an on-line software engineering role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in an on-line software engineering role.
At least 3 years developing and implementing Architecture
Experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, NodeJS
Experience with at least one of the following Cloud providers: Azure, GCP, AWS
Experience with enterprise integration and data processing approaches: Kafka, Event Hub, ETL tooling
Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Experience designing and implementing APIs
Experience with Microservices style architecture
At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
Experience designing end to end application solutions.
Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
Domain:Marketing Technology Architect
Martech concepts/experience such as
• Content Management System (CMS)
• Advertising Tools.
• Conversion Tools.
• Email Marketing.
• Social Media.
• Customer Service.
• Customer Relationship Management.
• Paid Media
• Campaign Management
• Master Data Management concepts/experience
• Microsoft Dynamics 365 product set including Customer Insights
• Microservices Architecture
• Spring boot/Node js
o Azure Infrastructure – ACS/AKS etc
o Azure PaaS services
o Mongo DB
o 3rd Party
• Monitoring Systems knowledge