We are looking for self-motivated, sharp technical individuals to join our team of engineers who provide operational solutions for our trading systems. The role is highly valued and critical to our fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Candidates need to be great communicators and excellent multi-taskers with wide-ranging interests. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are good problem solvers and who can work effectively under pressure.
• Support trading systems by diagnosing and solving technical operational issues
• Set up and maintain monitoring tools on server hardware and software, utilizing a combination of in-house and third-party tools to manage/maintain stability on servers and software
• Certification of new exchange links, including FIX and other protocols
• Maintain production trading systems including databases (where appropriate), transaction servers, gateways, web servers
• Work with vendors (Exchanges, ECNs, etc.) to resolve production issues
• Diagnose and resolve clearing issues related to trading data transmissions
• Create and maintain reports for individual customers and the system as a whole
• Maintain documentation of support processes, ongoing technical issues, and workarounds
• Must have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Must be versed in use of Windows OS in a multi-machine environment
• Working knowledge of scripting, regular expressions, or the FIX protocol are plusses
• Understanding of trading industry concepts and terminology is preferred
• Networking (telnet/SSL/Subnets/TCP) a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering major is preferred
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.
Based in Chicago, Wolverine Execution Services, LLC (WEX), a subsidiary of Wolverine Trading, LLC, offers clients multiple venues of execution. WEX offers three tiers of execution via our proprietary electronic trading platform, direct floor access, and our institutional trading desk. WEX provides our clients who are seeking execution for stock and ETF’s, options and futures with anonymity, superior execution quality and sophisticated order management. By employing an experienced team of institutional traders with a strong presence in the U.S. equity markets, WEX’s expertise is focused on finding the best execution, while minimizing market impact.