User Interface Developer (HTML/CSS Specialist)
What you do at Avant:
- Own the HTML & CSS development of modern web applications, operating between Design and Engineering teams.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning for projects, in collaboration with the team lead.
- Participate in work review, pairing, or other forms of knowledge sharing.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of industry best practices
- Understanding of BEM methodology
- Comfortable developing outside of any CSS frameworks (no Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Styled Components in React
- Familiarity with Atomic Design Methodology
- Familiarity with a11y practices
- Experience with Sketch and Git
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working in a remote team
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.