Video Services Engineer helps to build and maintain the server/network infrastructure that supports the day-to-day business operations of the project as it relates to the Video Management System and integrated technology. This position is also responsible for providing end user technical support and assistance.
- Maintain server and desktop operating systems including patch management
- Monitor and evaluate overall system performance of operating system facilities, software products, computer services, and communications and networking facilities; specifies, installs and tests system components as required to enable system to meet desired performance objectives
- Plan, implement, and maintain storage and VMware environment
- Active Directory administration
- Manage backup strategy of enterprise data
- Work with other team members and teams to cooperatively resolve issues
- Meet documented service level agreements
- Other relevant duties as required
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably with focus on Technical aspects, i.e. Network Communication Management, Information Systems, etc)
- 5+ year’s technical experience in an enterprise IT environment
- Five or more years of experience working within both physical (Windows/Linux) and virtual (VMware/Hyper-V) servers
- Advanced administration of VMware including patch management
- Advanced server and network troubleshooting, maintenance, and support
- Advanced Active Directory management
- Hardware/Software patching experience on mission critical systems
- SQL Server experience a plus
- Advanced understanding of IP sub netting and network classes (Class A, B, C)
- Expert knowledge in MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, and E-mail
- Professional communication skills for client support
- Flexible schedule for On Call responsibilities
- Flexible schedule for System updates, etc. (overnight hours)
- Extremely customer service orientated with a high sense of urgency
- Desire to constantly learn and acquire new technical skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This opportunity may require a COVID-19 vaccine based on SDI Presences clients’ requirements and/or guidelines in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.