Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
The accounting manager will work on the controllership team, with an emphasis on operational accounting, and assist with the monthly close, quarterly financial close, and year end financials & audit processes, along with numerous ad hoc processes.
What you do at Avant:
- Responsible for managing operational accounting processes over certain products with opportunities for developing accounting procedures over new products
- Review responsibilities may include debt, fixed assets, payroll, and accrued liability related analyses and journal entries
- Work on monthly income statement flux, identifying any significant month over month changes and providing explanations or corrections
- Prep and review of monthly account reconciliation process to identify any variances between general ledger and supporting subledger workpapers
- Work directly with third party auditors at year end to facilitate an efficient audit
- Assist the technical reporting team with preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes
- Mentor and train controllership staff
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 4-6 years of public accounting or applicable operational industry accounting experience required
- Familiarity working with large complex data sets preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required
- Familiarity with NetSuite or other ERP systems, FloQast, Concur, and other accounting efficiency software packages is a plus
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.