Accounts Payable Manager - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 400+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,700,000 unique products.
Zoro is looking to add an AP Manager to lead a growing department! The new AP Manager will oversee a team of 4 that is already in place - A strong group and a fast-paced company. This person will report directly to the Director of Accounting - The ideal candidate will have large volume (2,000+ weekly invoices) accounts payable experience. Must be able to multitask, problem solve, be flexible and adaptable to different situations. Excellent interpersonal skills are needed as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of overseeing a high volume of accounts payable responsibilities and assisting with the supervision of the accounting team.
- Ensure all vendors are created accurately in a timely manner, and all invoices are reviewed appropriately and paid timely.
- Manages and develops AP Analysts + create/maintain KPI’s to track the success of the accounts payable department.
- Monitors team members to ensure they are performing their functions accurately and timely – ensures that internal controls are followed.
- Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Manages and builds an effective business relationship with the disbursement vendors.
- Reconciles daily bank statements against invoice payments.
- Ensures compliance with company policy, regulatory and legal guidelines.
- 4 years of corporate accounting experience.
- Must be highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, autonomous and able to lead the accounts payable team.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required.
- Must have knowledge in the entire AP process (creating vendors / reviewing invoices / paying invoices).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Must be willing to take on additional responsibilities and grow with the team.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficiency with NetSuite, SAP, or other major ERP system preferred.
- Experience building out a purchase-to-pay process is a plus.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.