Business Analyst - Pricing, Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Business Analysts, Pricing are encouraged to experiment with new tactics and make modifications to pricing tools and processes. This is accomplished by applying a unique blend of skills including data mining, analytical programming, process design, and creative problem solving. Top candidates demonstrate past experience creating new tools and models that can be used across the organization.
Business Analyst, Pricing are expected to work collaboratively across Zoro departments including Analytics, Finance, Marketing, and many others. As a core functionality of Zoro’s business, pricing helps drive the success of multiple projects and initiatives. A successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to understand Zoro’s unique business objectives and anticipate how pricing can be used to achieve Zoro’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop & Maintain complex models used to predict the impact of pricing actions
- Perform financial analysis of anticipated pricing actions for various scenarios
- Work on cross-functional teams to understand changes in Zoro’s competitive market
- Use strong communication skills to present findings and build support for pricing initiatives
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, or similar field is preferred
- 1-3+ years’ experience in Pricing, Analytics or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with SQL, R, and Python is a plus
- Proven history of applying problem solving skills when working with limited data & resources
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.