Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
The Capital Markets Analyst will be one that is exposed to a broad range of modeling, securitization, debt capital markets, and treasury analysis skills and will report to the Treasurer and Head of Capital Markets. The Analyst will also have access to all senior managers of the firm with full visibility of the firm’s span of business activities. The role will be a closely mentored apprenticeship with the objective of developing into a well-rounded Capital Markets executive over the long term.
What you do at Avant:
- Support Avant’s dialogue with current and prospective investors, lenders and other capital partners, including drafting and preparing marketing and investor presentations and other diligence materials
- Coordinate internal and external parties for securitization transactions (internal management, underwriters, rating agencies, legal counsel)
- Prospect for, negotiate, and execute whole loan sale agreements, warehouse financing facilities, and other types of financing activities
- Maintain surveillance of the performance of Avant’s ABS trusts and off-balance sheet portfolios and compile a dashboard with monthly trends
- Assist in maintaining databases/lists including investor lists, transaction comparables, and data/performance of Avant’s competitors
- Help develop and maintain models including but not limited to: Loss analysis for rating agencies & borrowing base models for conduit draws
- Execute ad-hoc modeling requests related to transaction structuring and investment returns analysis
- Other funding and balance sheet management projects as directed by management
Why you a fit for Avant:
- Requisite experience must include 1+ years exposure to the debt capital markets (capital markets experience at an ABS issuer, rating agency, leveraged finance group or ABS accounting/consulting firm preferred).
- Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities under pressure.
- BS/BA in business, finance, accounting, economics or similar technical field:
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly in Excel, Powerpoint) required
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as technical and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.