Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
The Capital Markets Associate will partner directly with the Treasurer/Head of Capital Markets and the CFO and will be responsible for executing all aspects of Avant’s funding activities from investor and lender relationship nurturing and management, funding strategy development, rating agency processes, deal negotiation, transaction execution, market research, market monitoring and other special projects. You will operate within a lean but high impact team and move seamlessly across all aspects of funding a dynamic, established high-growth consumer financial company. You will have access to all senior managers across the firm and have uniquely broad transparency into the firm’s span of business activities and strategic roadmap. This is a high visibility, high impact role within the organization that presents a significant opportunity for upward mobility and career development within the growing Avant organization.
While Avant was founded in 2013 and has a long track record of industry-leading funding market access for its existing consumer credit products, the Capital Markets Associate will also be responsible for developing and executing financing strategies for at least two new consumer product categories over the next 12-18 months.
We are looking for someone with a deep appreciation for capital markets, an interest in the fintech space, and a desire to be part of a lean team responsible for securing the funding Avant needs to achieve its vision to become the premier digital bank.
An ideal candidate will be well-rounded and have the potential (and desire) to become a senior leader at Avant over the long-term.
What you will do at Avant:
- Partner with Treasurer/Head of Capital Markets, CFO to develop funding strategy
- Responsible for full-spectrum execution of the funding strategy from investor outreach and external relationship management across the broad fintech landscape to market intelligence and deal negotiation and execution
- Work with in-house counsel, external counsel, bankers, investors, rating agencies and other market participants to execute financing transactions from start to finish
- Work cross-functionally with leaders from treasury, FP&A, accounting, risk, product teams as well as the executive suite to develop investor marketing materials and Avant overview presentations
- Engage in constant two-way dialogue with current and prospective investors, lenders and other capital partners to help inform Avant leadership team of market developments (both in financing markets as well as strategic)
- Conduct independent market research and intelligence gathering
- Prospect for, negotiate, and execute whole loan sale agreements, warehouse financing facilities, corporate loans and other types of financing activities
- Lead the development and distribution of periodic performance and business updates to Avant’s diverse investor following
- Assist in maintaining databases/lists including investor lists, transaction comparables, and data/performance of Avant’s competitors
- Manage, oversee, and mentor the analyst on the capital markets team
- Participate in and represent Avant at ABS conferences throughout the year
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 2-5+ years exposure to the debt capital markets (experience advising issuers on consumer ABS execution ideal)
- Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities under pressure and work “live deal hours”
- BS/BA degree required, with a major in business, finance, accounting, economics or similar technical field preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly in Excel, Powerpoint) required
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as technical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and is at ease meeting and speaking with internal and external parties on a continual basis
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
- Experience managing junior team members
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.