Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you have experience working in regulatory compliance and want to help enhance and build compliance processes at a FinTech company?
Avant is looking for a Compliance Officer to join its growing Compliance Department in Chicago. As a Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for participating in Avant’s Compliance Program, specifically in the areas of Compliance Advisory, Issue Management, and Complaint Management. You will help support multiple products that could include Unsecured Loans, Credit Cards, Secured Loans, or Point of Sale Loans offered through the Avant platform. Your job will be to effectively partner with various business units to provide guidance and ensure regulatory compliance with respect to new products, initiatives, complaints, and issues.
In this role, you are expected to maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations, including, but not limited to TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, BSA and other AML related regulations. As a Compliance Officer, you will be expected to promote a culture of corporate compliance by the use of best practices and a compliant work ethic in accordance with Avant’s internal policies.
What you do at Avant:
- Help enhance and manage our issue management program, including assessing risk ratings and recommending remediation plans.
- Analyze newly proposed business initiatives for regulatory risks, suggest risk mitigation, and propose additional controls.
- Help manage our Complaint Management Program.
- Build strong relationships and lines of communication with various business units.
- Establish and continuously improve a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks and issues.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Prepare formal reporting to internal committees, management and the Board of Directors and to external bank partners.
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed.
What you might own at Avant:
- Serve as the compliance subject matter expert for one of the credit products offered through Avant’s platform.
- Getting involved early in the product design and change management process to suggest risk mitigation and controls.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; JD/CRCM a plus
- 5+ years of financial services regulatory compliance experience (bank experience preferred)
- Strong background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Prior compliance experience related to third party vendor relationships
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of being able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments, bank partners, and regulators
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (experience with SQL is a plus)
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.