Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help the underbanked have access and financial independence.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
A Controller, you will help elevate the accounting function in every way including running an efficient monthly close, managing our audits, creating and testing controls, carving out new business lines, and more. You will keep us compliant by staying up to date in accounting standards and diligently documenting your work. As Pangea continues to grow, you will build scalable processes and that ensure accurate financials. Reporting into the head of Finance, you will build and lead Pangea's accounting function.
Successful candidates are passionate about building a best in class accounting function. You should have strong attention to detail and enjoy solving complex accounting challenges and implementing innovating solutions. Candidates must be well versed in GAAP and have their CPA.
- Ensure the company is compliant with all registration, regulatory, and tax requirements in all states in which the company is licensed
- Oversee all financial processes; planning, forecast, month-end close and cash management
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are established, documented, and followed related to cash, accounts receivable, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, and capital accounts
- Manage and improve all financial reporting; identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve processes through automation, standardization, etc.
- Serve as the primary contact with external auditors and lead the annual audit while working with Head of Finance in preparing the annual financial reports
- Assist the Head of Finance and other senior leaders as requested in preparing additional analyses to maximize the operational and financial results of the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required with a strong knowledge of GAAP
- CPA required
- At least 7 years of accounting experience, public accounting experience is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience supervising, developing and mentoring multiple people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Personal integrity and commitment to individual and team accountability
- Detail-oriented and committed to 100% accuracy of all information
- Strong IT skills including an understanding of ERP/EPM systems; experience implementations is a plus
- Experience in a rapid growth environment preferred
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description