Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
As a Coordinator on the Credit Bureau Operations team, you will be responsible for reviewing customer accounts and determining the validity of a wide variety of consumer credit reporting disputes and inquiries. In this role, you must maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations and be particularly well versed with the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act). You will work with management to identify and resolve any issues found during QA processes or consumer disputes.
What you do at Avant:
- Investigate and respond to Automated Credit Dispute Verifications (ACDVs) submitted by Avant customers through the e-OSCAR platform
- Enter detailed dispute resolution results in the Credit Reporting logging system
- Respond to all assigned ACDVs by the assigned due date - no exceptions
- Respond to phone and email credit reporting complaints within 14 days of receipt
- Answer general credit reporting related customer inquiries by email
- Identify and escalate recurring issues
- Assist management in tracking, investigating, and responding to customer disputes
- Stay abreast of all federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and organizational skills
- Self-confidence, critical thinking, good judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions
- Must be able to interact effectively with other departments and team members
- Ability to execute on projects and meet established deadlines in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Avant systems, primarily the Avant CRM (Portal)
- Strong experience with MS Office, MS Excel in particular, and Google applications
- Intermediate SQL skills required for some tasks; training can be provided
- Knowledge of the e-OSCAR system
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description