Director, Banking Platform Technology at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Banking Platform Technology will oversee the vision, roadmap, budget, delivery, and operation of Discover Bank’s applications and platforms. This leader will work closely with partners across multiple business lines to deliver shared services and banking platform capabilities required to drive Discover Bank's business results. They will be responsible for defining and delivering a banking platform technology strategy that enables all DFS banking business lines to achieve aggressive growth goals.
In addition, this leader will be called upon to drive automation, improve delivery efficiency, and evolve the interaction models with multiple value streams. As a servant leader, the Director of Banking Platform Technology will be responsible for coaching and mentoring senior managers to deliver outstanding solutions. This individual will be responsible for tracking key delivery and performance metrics, and leveraging them to drive continuous improvement within all aspects of delivery (people, process, and technology). This individual will also be responsible for managing relationships and driving successful results from partnerships with key third party providers in the banking space.
- Accountable for delivering on the technology vision and roadmap for Discover's core banking platform and capabilities.
- Able to anticipate future banking trends and business needs and improve speed to market of key capabilities.
- Responsible for driving and evolving automation throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Build strong relationships and manage key partnerships with external providers.
- Ensure all availability targets are met or exceeded.
- Lead department transformation to product oriented delivery model and consistent agile delivery approach.
- Responsible for managing department budget/financials.
- Establish and track key metrics to measure delivery performance and quality.
- Ensure consistent technical solutions and agile methodology adoption throughout the department.
- Frequently interface with Business Technology & business leadership to understand near and
long term needs and identify opportunities for the contact center channel to drive value and efficiency.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports to foster a culture of excellence and continuous learning.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to achieve a strong team; and develop own technical,
coaching and leadership skills to stay in-line with industry trends.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the banking platform team.
- Translate technology challenges and opportunities to key business stakeholders to ensure buy in and prioritization.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to execute on deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant technology leadership, or related experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.