SpotHero is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a Director, Corporate FP&A to lead our FP&A team! You will manage our financial planning and reporting processes, and own the company’s financial model for long-term, annual planning and quarterly forecasts. You are a strategic and operationally-minded leader with advanced financial modeling skills and a business partner mindset. You will be joining a high-performing, fast-paced team whose mission is to be the trusted strategic advisor to the business, driving growth and scale through innovation and partnership.
This is a highly visible role within the finance team and requires a strong leader and open communicator. You will report directly to the VP of Finance & Accounting and will initially lead a team of 2-3 individuals.
Sound like you? Keep reading!
Who we are
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
- Clearly communicate financial results, planning expectations, and outcomes. You will own and manage the entire finance calendar.
- Champion the reporting and analysis of key KPIs. You will partner with Business Analytics and leadership to evolve KPIs, ensuring measurement of key performance drivers and leading indicators.
- Maintain a long-range plan in support of the company’s strategy in partnership with executive management and Finance leadership. You will continuously support the strategic planning process.
- Mentor a high performing team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of transparency and accuracy.
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Lead financial analysis of major initiatives and products to assess ROI and payback periods, conduct build vs buy vs partner analysis.
- Partner with Finance leadership to prepare Board materials, presentations, and monthly reporting.
- Work closely with the Finance leadership team to build the financial infrastructure to support the company’s current and future business requirements. You’ll use systems solutions to streamline reporting and automate our internal processes.
Who you are
- Strategic. You consider the big picture when leading the team and driving impact.
- Analytical. You work with teams and big data to produce meaningful insights.
- Organized. You organize and prioritize your work and your team’s work effectively.
- Diligent. You are extremely detail oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Dynamic. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- Team player. You are a collaborator and passionate about building a high performing team.
What you bring
- 10+ years in Finance, with at least 4+ years in a corporate FP&A function. Experience in investment banking, management consulting, or corporate FP&A is highly preferred.
- You know how to lead and develop a Corporate FP&A function in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- You have impressive analytical, quantitative, and communication skills. You have a strong executive presence and are comfortable presenting your data visualization skills.
- You are an expert when it comes to Excel modeling and creating three-statement reporting and analysis.
- You have solid accounting knowledge (including GAAP).
- You have a degree in finance, accounting, or related field. An MBA is strongly preferred.
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we offer
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance. 401K Match.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Flexible WFH arrangements - We know these are uncertain times and our employees’ health and safety is number one.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A company that cares about its employees’ unique backgrounds. From Employee Resource Groups to Unconscious Bias Trainings, we want each and every employee to feel like SpotHero is a place where they can bring their whole selves to work.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Please note: this position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.