Director Corporate Strategy & Development at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for supporting corporate strategy formation and managing business development activities across Discover. Responsible for leading highly complex strategic initiatives and projects in collaboration with business and functional leadership across the enterprise.
- Leads projects in support of key strategy initiatives. Develops and delivers presentations for executive management.
- Manages business development transactions working with business partners and external advisors. Leads evaluation of deal economics and structure, and coordinates due diligence activities.
- Monitors and communicates market and competitive developments in financial services and payments industries, and maintains a landscape of business development opportunities.
- Builds and fosters strong relationships with business and functional co-workers.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master's Degree in Business or Finance
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy and development, including people management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.