Convexity Properties (www.convexityproperties.com), the real estate arm of principal trading firm DRW, is a fully integrated real estate investment, development and management company based in Chicago, with national reach. Convexity was founded to bring new purpose to value add properties. We’re still doing that today, collaborating with development partners and working closely with communities to create and rebuild a diverse portfolio of retail, residential, commercial and mixed use properties.
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25+ years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Finance Associate role is perfect for those who thrive in nimble, fast-paced environments and enjoy having the ability to influence change and improve processes. It’s perfect for those who are passionate about analytical work and truly enjoy digging into an issue. The person in this role will have a lot of autonomy in their day to day work and will be able to take ownership of projects that will have a big impact on a small team.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Manage portfolio cash transactions and balances
- Prepare cash flow analysis, summary documentation and spreadsheets
- Facilitate debt service maintenance
- Generate, interpret and communicate financial performance returns
- Maintain and enhance portfolio reporting
- Collaborate with Convexity’s acquisition and development teams to perform project cost projections and budgeting
- Compile and review financial statements and expense reconciliations for various real estate investments and operating properties
- Assemble quarterly compliance reports including financial statements, contingency schedules and covenant calculations
- Review and approve construction draws as well as funding/payment requests for accuracy
- Interact directly with third party joint venture partners to generate accurate accounting reporting information
The experience and skills we need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-5 years of financial analysis or accounting experience
- Previous real estate industry experience
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Previous experience working with reporting and/or data visualization tools preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.